Manganese poisoning is easily caused
Stainless steel is an alloy, containing manganese and other heavy metals. The price of manganese is relatively low, and its content may exceed the standard because the manufacturers of stainless steel vessels use more manganese to save costs. Manganese has a strong toxicity to the nervous system. It can control many kinds of enzymes of cells and lead to the disorder of cell metabolism, destroy the synaptic transmission process of nerve cells, and cause nervous system diseases.
Experts point out that manganese is not easily absorbed by human body under normal conditions. It is often due to metal smelting in factories or high-temperature heating and volatilization of stainless steel cookers that some smoke or dust invades human body through respiratory tract and digestive tract. Whether it invades human body through skin has not been determined yet.
Early symptoms are similar to a cold
Early manganese poisoning can not be seen immediately, it is a cumulative process, symptoms similar to a cold. After inhaling a large number of new manganese oxide dust, it will cause "metal smoke heat", with headache, dizziness, nausea, fatigue, high fever, cough, asthma, muscle pain, emotional instability and other symptoms.
Experts remind that if it has been determined that it is caused by inhalation of manganese dioxide smoke or smoke, it is necessary to timely go to professional testing institutions such as the occupational disease prevention and control hospital for blood or urine metal trace element detection.
Muscle rigidity caused by excessive manganese
Serious manganese excess will damage the human nervous system, lead to the thickening of cerebral vascular intima, thrombosis, ischemia. Under the action of manganese, it may cause the degeneration of spinal motor nerve and peripheral nerve. Symptoms such as increased muscle tension, muscle stiffness, limb tremor, walking instability, facial stiffness, etc.
Jiangmen stainless steel soup bucket
How to prevent manganese poisoning?
Only 3% of the manganese absorbed through the digestive tract can enter the blood and cells, and most of it will be discharged through defecation. About 30% - 40% of manganese (smelting volatile dust or smoke) that enters the human body through the respiratory tract enters the lungs of the human body, and then enters the blood, so the possibility of excessive manganese caused by inhalation of the respiratory tract is greater.
Many normal foods contain manganese, such as seafood, tea, etc. there are also some unqualified tableware or cooking utensils that will cause the volatilization of manganese smoke. In addition, some bleaching agents for textiles, drying agents for varnishes, strong oxidants for disinfection and bleaching, gasoline antiknock agents, etc. also contain manganese. To this end, the expert recommends:
Not partial: try not to partial, especially some seafood. Because every kind of food contains some trace elements, long-term accumulation will lead to excessive manganese or other trace elements.
Stainless steel cookers should not be heated too high or burnt in air: if the cookers are heated in air or high temperature until they turn red, the metal smoke in the cookers will volatilize, which may cause chronic manganese poisoning for a long time.
Stainless steel kitchenware is not suitable for putting acid food for a long time: putting acid food for a long time may not lead to the dissolution of manganese, but may lead to the dissolution of chromium and other metal elements, causing other metals to exceed the standard.
Manganese poisoning patients are mainly engaged in some special types of workers. For example, in the process of extracting mercury, manganese, copper, magnesium and other metal elements from minerals by heating, workers engaged in multiple metal smelting will cause some metal elements to volatilize, generate smoke or dust, and enter the human body directly through the respiratory tract.
In addition, welders are often exposed to manganese. In the welding process, the manganese smoke and dust in the electrode will volatilize and enter the human body, so the welder should also pay attention to prevent the manganese from exceeding the standard.
Experts remind that in addition to the concentration of manganese contained in some metal smelting plant workshops can not exceed the national regulations, workers should also improve their own awareness of protection, such as wearing protective caps, masks and gloves, and regularly go to professional testing institutions for occupational health examination.